Electric locomotives and electric trains
Guarantor of the Educational Program
Yatsko Serhiy Ivanovych
Goals of the Educational Programme
The purpose of the program is to gain knowledge, skills and abilities in the field, maintenance and repair of electric rolling stock.
A student majoring in “Electric locomotives and electric trains” receives knowledge:
in the field of mechanical part:
● design of the mechanical part (spring suspension of the traction drive, carts);
● main tendencies and directions of development and modernization of constructions of mechanical part of prototypes of domestic and foreign electric rolling stock (system of vibration protection, system of traction transmission, system of protection against frontal collisions);
● peculiarities of the mechanical part in operation and the influence of its condition on the realization of traction forces, smoothness, dynamic loads. In the field of traction electric machines:
● design of TED of direct pulsating current, collectorless electric motors and their influence on traction and braking properties of electric rolling stock;
● features of TED operation and their influence on TED operational properties;
● features of electromagnetic processes in TED and their connection with mechanical loadings;
● criteria for TED performance;
● peculiarities of the design of collectorless traction motors and their influence on the traction and braking properties of electric rolling stock. in the field of automated control systems of electric rolling stock:
● purpose, operating conditions, functional and structural diagrams, principle of operation and design relationships to determine the parameters of elements, components, units and automatic control system as a whole;
● use methods of analysis and calculation of stability, transients and quality of regulation in automatic control systems of electric rolling stock, as well as their synthesis;
● principle of operation and features of systems of automatic control of electric rolling stock with collectorless traction engines and high-speed ground transport;
● composition and principle of operation of automatic control systems based on microprocessors.
in the field of traction electrical equipment of electric rolling stock:
● operating conditions, the theory of operation of the main electrical equipment of electric rolling stock;
● design of the main types of traction electric devices and operational characteristics;
● to apply skills of diagnosing a technical condition at operation and maintenance of traction electric devices.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the field of railway transport related to the work of electric rolling stock. The program will be interesting for those who plan to connect their future with the design, manufacture, repair, maintenance and operation of modern electric rolling stock; for those seeking a bachelor’s degree in rail transport.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
in the field of mechanical part of electric rolling stock:
● use a technique of an estimation of designs of running gears from the point of view of satisfaction of operational requirements and requirements of traffic safety;
● use methods of control and estimation of a stressful condition of various elements of running gear, ways of restoration of their technical condition. in the field of traction electric machines:
● apply skills to assess the impact of the peculiarities of the operation of TED on their performance;
● apply the skills of assessing the traction and braking properties of electric rolling stock with collectorless traction motors in accordance with the operating conditions;
● apply the skills of finding the causes of TED failures and restoring their efficiency;
● apply skills to assess the impact of new design solutions of the mechanical part on the dynamic properties and indicators of dynamic qualities. in the field of automated control systems of electric rolling stock:
● apply the skills of using automated microprocessor control systems to diagnose devices of electric rolling stock;
● apply adjustment, maintenance and repair of automatic control systems of electric rolling stock. in the field of traction electrical equipment of electric rolling stock:
● apply skills of diagnosing a technical condition at operation and maintenance of traction electric devices.
After graduating from the university, engineers of this specialty work in production and technological, organizational and managerial, design and research activities in the field of electric rolling stock in design and research organizations both in Ukraine and abroad.
Enterprises and organizations that meet the training program and actively cooperate with the graduating department: electric locomotive and railcar depots of PJSC Ukrzaliznytsia and SE “Ukrainian Railway Company”, SE plant “Electrovazhmash”, SE Dnipropetrovsk Research and Production Complex “Electroservice”, Research Institute NGO “HEMZ”, NGO “Instrument-Making Plant named after T.G. Shevchenko” and other research and design enterprises and design organizations related to railway transport. Students study in laboratories equipped with equipment from such world leaders as Siemens, Elax, Medcom and others.
Graduating department: Power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics
+38 (057) 730-19-96, firstname.lastname@example.org
Feiierbakh Square, Kharkiv, 61050 building 2, floor 2, office 107