Power supply and resource-saving technologies
Goals of the Educational Programme
The purpose of the program is to gain knowledge, skills and abilities in the branch of electromechanics, maintenance and repair of power supply systems of railways and other consumers.
Students learn to use a modern element base in the operation of electrical power supply systems. Particular attention is paid to the impact of quality characteristics of energy supply on the level of electricity consumption, the efficiency of the introduction of storage systems in railway transport, the impact of operating modes of power supply systems on the energy performance of electricity consumers.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the branch of electromechanics in transport and other branches of the economy.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
- basic principles of construction, design and maintenance of railway power supply devices;
- methods of analysis of energy consumption of power supply systems, assessing the level of problems regarding the possibility of implementing resource-saving technologies and the prospects for their solution;
- introduction of analytical system of diagnostics of administrative measures at the enterprises, a choice for them of optimum strategy for the purpose, maintenance of steady competitiveness;
- basics of analysis and prospects for the introduction of energy-saving technologies in engineering and scientific work;
- knowledge of the rules of technical operation of railways, instructions on alarm, rules of technical operation of electrical installations and rules of arrangement of electrical equipment.
- ability to apply the acquired knowledge in general technical and general engineering disciplines, mastering the methods of analysis, calculation and design of power supply systems based on the use of computer technology;
- organization and implementation of maintenance, operation and repair of power supply systems as a whole and their individual components;
- skills of development of separate elements and subsystems of power supply, maintenance of the set operational reliability, guarantee of safety and economy of transfer of electric energy;
- skills of introduction of resource-saving technologies in power supply systems;
- skills of management of production collective, independent decision-making, development and conclusion of technical documentation.
For production-technological, organizational-administrative, design and research activity in the field of creation of electric cars and electric drives of autonomous transport and research works in the field of creating both power supply systems for electric rolling stock and other electromechanical systems, design and research work in the field of control automation in railway transport.
In Ukraine, a large number of design and production organizations that meet the curriculum and actively cooperate with the graduating department (SE plant “Electrovazhmash”, SE Dnepropetrovsk research and production complex “Electrovozobuduvannya”, research institute NGO “HEMZ”, State Enterprise “Kharkiv Instrument-Making Plant named after T. H. Shevchenko” and others). Students study in laboratories with equipment from such world leaders as Siemens, Elax, Medcom and others.