Railcars and Railcar Facilities
Goals of the Educational Programme
The goals of the program is gain knowledge and skills in general, fundamental and special disciplines to provide opportunities for the creation and operation of cars of main and industrial transport (both freight and passenger); in the humanities and socio-economic disciplines to the extent necessary to solve socio-professional problems. Students master the methods of mathematical modeling on a computer for use in modern technologies of car building, repair and maintenance of cars, master modern software for modeling rolling stock designed for high-speed traffic; learn to use computer methods of collecting and processing (editing) information used in car building and car management.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the field of wagon building and wagon economy. The program will be interesting for those who plan to connect their future with the manufacture, repair, maintenance and operation of modern passenger and freight cars; for those who want to master one of the most important and classic professions of railway transport. This is especially relevant at the present time, when the territory of independent Ukraine will be laid links of the three international transport corridors Europe-Asia. Therefore, it is quite clear that these areas will successfully operate passenger and freight high-speed rolling stock in Western European and Asian countries, and will significantly increase the demand for specialists in our field.
Training in the program provides the following amount of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
- knowledge of design and operational features of cars and containers, the theory of design and calculation of cars for strength, methods of ensuring the reliability of components and parts of cars;
- understanding of dynamic processes in the oscillating motion of rolling stock;
- study of the principle of operation and design features of the automatic brake system in order to comply with traffic safety requirements;
- knowledge of design features of electrical and refrigeration equipment of rolling stock;
- understanding of technology of construction and repair of cars;
- knowledge of maintenance of cars in operation and basics of repair;
- mastering the methods of automation of technological processes, as well as logistics principles, management and marketing in car repair production;
- the ability to solve non-standard professional problems by applying standard methods (algorithms) of activity and the ability to find new technological solutions in car building are formed;
- skills are formed to apply modern progressive methods and technologies of repair production, preparation of passenger trains for flight, advanced experience of carriage economy;
- knowledge is formed in the conditions of development of science and social practice, which is changing, to reassessment of accumulated experience and analysis of their capabilities;
- gaining experience and skills in the use of modern information technologies in the field of railway transport.
After graduating from the university, bachelors studying in this educational program can successfully work at railway enterprises of railway economy: car repair and car-building plants, car maintenance points, car sections, branches, etc., both in Ukraine and abroad. In general, specialists can work where it is necessary to solve typical professional problems in the field of carriage of JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”. Common professions: technician, technologist, dispatcher, labor protection inspector, foreman, train chief, etc.
Students have the opportunity to study in-depth foreign languages (English, Polish, etc.) and participate in the international ERASMUS + program.. Master’s students have the opportunity to study under the program “Two diplomas” and after graduation receive 2 diplomas – European (Polish or French) and domestic (Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport). For more detailed information, please contact the International Relations Department of Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport.
Obtaining working professions and working in student groups.
Students have the opportunity to additionally get working professions: conductor of passenger cars, locksmith for rolling stock repair, car inspector and work during the academic year and in the summer in student labor groups, combining work with training. Also have an internship in paid jobs and receive education in a dual form of education.
Cooperation with production.
Enterprises and organizations that actively cooperate with the graduating department: car and passenger depots of Ukrainian Railway, Research and Production Enterprise “ХАРТРОН-ЭКСПРЕСС ЛТД”, State Enterprise “Ukrainian Research Institute of Carriage”, PJSC Kryukiv Carriage Plant, car repair enterprises of the Ukrainian Railways , PJSC «Азовмаш» and other research and design enterprises and design organizations related to transport and wagon economy. The department also works closely with leading manufacturers of bearing assemblies for rolling stock, namely: SKF, Timken and Brenco.