Specialized Computer Systems
Goals of the Educational Programme
Aim training program is to obtain knowledge, skills and abilities for the design, creation and maintenance of computer systems, networks and their components, maintenance of computer systems and networks, the creation of system and application programs as part of a functional, procedural and object-oriented approach for desktop, mobile, portable, embedded and cloud systems, design of circuit devices.
Students study algorithms and data structures, hardware and software components of computer systems and networks, system software (operating systems, utilities, software creation and research tools), methods for processing, transmitting, converting and storing information; circuitry of modern computer systems.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge of computer engineering.
The program will be useful for interested in information technology, computer systems, who plans to connect his future with modern computer technology in all areas of human activity. A feature of the program is the orientation to the introduction of new systems and computer-integrated technologies in railway transport.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme
- knowledge of algorithms and data structures, hardware and software components of computer systems and networks, system software (operating systems, utilities, software creation and research tools), methods for processing, transmitting, converting and storing information, circuitry of modern computer systems and their components;
- ability to relise development of technical solutions for computer engineering;
- ability to use modern computer tools for system, functional, design and technological design of computer systems and networks, including for the needs of railway transport;
- ability to relise software development for computer systems with a parallel or distributed architecture, own the means of modern languages and parallel programming libraries;
- ability to apply modern theories of database organization, methods and technologies for their development and use in professional activities;
- ability to apply methods and means of information protection in computer systems and networks with modern cryptosystems in the process of professional activity.
Graduates are employed in IT campaigns, the public sector, industrial enterprises, railway and urban transport, also in design institutes and computer centers.
Core post: programmer, system manager, developer, implementer and maintenance of computer systems and networks.
Chair actively cooperates with leading IT companies in Ukraine and European countries. There is an opportunity to start cooperation with IT firms while studying. Due to entered into contract with the chair, enterprises and the business field, all graduates are guaranteed to get jobs.