Telecommunications and Radio Engineering
Goals of the Educational Programme
The goal of the educational program is to provide higher education students with a set of knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies in the field of telecommunications systems and networks, which will give them the opportunity to work at leading enterprises and organizations in the field of telecommunications.
During study, applicants for higher education study the principles of organization and functioning of telecommunication networks (telephone networks, computer networks, mobile networks, wireless access networks, etc.), the principles of construction and use of telecommunication and end equipment (switches, routers, modems, multiplexers IP-telephony servers, mail servers, database servers, telephones, computers, etc.), the principles of implementing network technologies, standards and protocols in the field of telecommunications (Ethernet, IP, xDSL, GSM, CDMA, SDH, etc. e.) and features of the provision of telecommunication services (IP-telephony, access to information resources of the Internet, data transfer, etc.).
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to entrants who are interested in the principles of construction, organization, maintenance and operation, design, research and implementation of telecommunications systems and networks based on modern technologies, protocols and standards.
Training in the program provides the following amount of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
Basic knowledge of humanitarian and economic orientation, which contributes to the formation of personality, ability to effective communication and are used in professional and social activities.
- Fundamental theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics, computer science, which are used in the research, design and operation of telecommunications systems and networks, their constituent elements.
- Skills to work with a computer, its hardware and software, knowledge of information technology and the peculiarities of their use in telecommunications.
- Knowledge of the theoretical foundations of telecommunications and radio engineering, principles, means and methods of transmission, radiation, reception, storage of information, network security.
- Knowledge of construction, parameters and characteristics, technologies of transmission, management, interaction, maintenance and operation of telecommunication systems and networks.
- Possession of technologies and software for planning, modeling and design of new (modernization of existing) telecommunications systems and networks.
- Skills of work with devices and automated diagnostic control and measuring complexes of telecommunication systems and networks.
- Knowledge of the development of telecommunications systems and networks, promising telecommunications and information services, knowledge of the principles of research and methods of implementing innovative solutions in the field of telecommunications.
Graduates can hold senior positions in telecommunications operators and providers, Internet services, data centers, service centers and technical support centers for telecommunications equipment, as well as in research and design organizations involved in the development, research and design of telecommunications systems and networks, or in educational institutions that conduct educational activities in this or related to the educational program specialties.
The Department of Transport Communications works closely with leading companies in the field of telecommunications (LLC JV «Монис», LLC«НВП «Транспортні технології», LLC «WatsonTelecom», PJSC «Київстар», PJSC «Завод «Південкабель» and others), structural subdivisions of railway transport and subways, institutions of higher education, the activity of which corresponds to this educational program. In carrying out educational activities, a unique educational and training complex created at the department is used, which unites Iskratel, WatsonTelecom, Raisecom, Dynamix, D-Link, TP-Link, Ericsson, «Стальенерго and other manufacturers into a single network of equipment, as well as workers. places of employees of telecommunication enterprises, structural subdivisions of railway transport, other enterprises, organizations and companies On the basis of the graduating department there is a specialized academic council D 64.820.01 for the defense of dissertations in the specialty “Telecommunication systems and networks”.