Alternative energy sources and environmentally friendly transport
Goals of the Educational Programme
The purpose of the program is to gain knowledge, skills and abilities in the branch of electromechanics, the use of non-traditional and renewable energy sources in the energy supply systems of industrial enterprises and the design of environmentally friendly modes of transport.
Students learn to apply modern developments in the design of environmentally friendly modes of transport, special attention is paid to the study of systems for converting solar radiation into electrical and thermal energy, the use of wind energy, sea streams and thermal temperature gradient to generate electricity; opportunities for the use of biomass and solid waste for the production of electricity and heat.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the branch of electromechanics in transport and other branches of the economy.
The program will be interesting for those who plan to connect their future with the design, maintenance and operation of modern power supply systems and environmentally friendly modes of transport. One of the main aspects of the program is alternative energy sources and environmentally friendly transport, their implementation and ensuring uninterrupted operation.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
- state and prospects of development of non-traditional and renewable energy sources, environmental problems of their use;
- Ukrainian legislation in the field of unconventional energy;
- physical bases of conversion of solar energy into thermal and electric, designs and schemes of systems of solar heat and power supply;
- theory of ideal and real windmill, classification and design of wind turbines;
- basics of using the energy of sea waves and streams;
- ways to use geothermal energy in heating systems;
- the possibility of using biomass and solid waste as energy fuel;
- vehicles whose life cycle is not harmful to the environment;
- knowledge in the field of non-traditional energy;
- ability to apply the acquired knowledge in general technical and general engineering disciplines, mastering the methods of analysis, calculation and design of vehicle systems with alternative energy sources based on the use of computer technology;
- organization and implementation of maintenance, operation and repair of both vehicle systems with alternative energy sources and their individual components;
- skills of development of separate elements and subsystems of vehicles with alternative energy sources, maintenance of the set operational reliability, guarantee of safety and economy;
- skills of introduction of vehicles with alternative energy sources in freight and passenger transportation systems.
For production-technological, organizational-managerial, design and research activities in the branch of creation of both systems of vehicles with alternative energy sources and other electromechanical systems, design and research works in the field of automation of management on railway transport.
In Ukraine, a large number of design and production organizations that meet the curriculum and actively cooperate with the graduating department (SE plant “Electrovazhmash”, SE Dnepropetrovsk research and production complex “Electrovozobuduvannya”, research institute NGO “HEMZ”, State Enterprise “Kharkiv Instrument-Making Plant named after T. H. Shevchenko” and others). Students study in laboratories with equipment from such world leaders as Siemens, Elax, Medcom and others.