Computer, Information Control Systems
Goals of the Educational Programme
Aim training through the program is to obtain knowledge and skills in the field of automation and instrumentation, providing training for specialists capable to develop and apply methods and means of automation of production processes, primarily for the needs of railway transport.
Students will receive the necessary knowledge to develop automation devices and tools, methodological, algorithmic and software control systems, conduct research and search for information on a given topic using theories and methods of the specialty.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the field of automation and instrumentation in transport, industry and business.
The program will be interesting for those who plan to connect their future with the design, maintenance and operation of modern computer information management systems in industry and transport. One of the main aspects of the program – is pansophy and specialist skills, provides employment opportunities in any industry that requires automation of the technological process.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme
- understanding the essence of the processes occurring in automation objects (primarily in railway transport), the ability to analyze automation objects and substantiate the structure, algorithms and control schemes based on the results of a study of their features;
- knowledge of the working principles of automation technical means (in railway transport) and be able to justify their choice on the basis of an analysis of their features, purpose and technical characteristics, taking into account industry requirements for automation systems; have the skills to establish technical means of automation and control systems;
- ability to apply modern information technologies and have the skills to develop algorithms and computer programs using high-level languages and technologies of object-oriented programming, create databases and use Internet resources;
- the ability to design a layered control system and data concentration to form a base of process parameters and visualize them using human-machine interface tools using the latest computer-integrated technologies;
- ability to use a variety of specialized software to solve typical engineering problems in the field of railway automation, in particular, mathematical simulation, computer-aided design, database management, computer graphics methods.
Places of employment: railway transport enterprises, including its central and regional infrastructure management agencies, urban transport, especially the subway, enterprises involved in the development, implementation and metrological support of automation tools, information and computer centers, IT and business companies, other enterprises whose activities are related to automation of production processes.
Core posts: exxpert in automation and instrumentation, in particular for the repair and maintenance of automation equipment and systems that ensure the functioning of railway transport, an electronics specialist, an electronic engineer for production systems, a design engineer.
Specialists in automation and computer-integrated technologies are in demand not only in the field of production, but also in certification authority and standardization for testing modern electronic and electromechanical instruments and equipment. Chair constantly receives orders from IT firms, modern manufacturing enterprises, providing specialists with a high level of payment for work