Computer network technologies
The purpose of training in the educational program
Preparation with higher education at the second (master’s) level in the field of computer network technologies
The purpose of the educational program is to train professionals capable of solving engineering problems in the field of network technologies, operation and repair of railway facilities, develop new technical solutions and apply new technologies, apply advanced methods and technologies, modify existing and develop new methods, take measures to effective performance of professional tasks.
Addressees of the educational program
The educational program is aimed at higher education students who link their current or future professional activities with the development and use of modern technologies for the creation, operation and repair of railway transport facilities.
Graduates of the educational program will master the skills of design, organizational and managerial activities; will gain experience working with experimental measuring instruments, technological equipment and software, modern information and communication databases, software and Internet resources, laboratory stands, training simulators, simulation, physical and combined models.
Training in the program provides the following amount of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
– Be able to pose, research, analyze and solve complex engineering problems and problems in the field of railway transport, which requires updating and integration of knowledge, including in conditions of incomplete / insufficient information and conflicting requirements.
– Ability to demonstrate specialized conceptual knowledge on the creation, operation and repair of railway facilities, acquired in the process of training and / or professional activities, including knowledge and understanding of the latest achievements that provide the ability to innovate and research.
– Ability to critically comprehend problems in railway transport, including on the border with related industries, engineering, physics, ecology, economics.
– Ability to use foreign languages in professional activities in the field of railway transport.
– Ability to apply in professional activities the existing universal and specialized life cycle management systems (PLM), computer-aided design (CAD), production (CAM) and engineering research (CAE).
– Ability to select and apply the necessary equipment, tools and methods to solve engineering problems related to professional activities
– Ability to freely use modern methods of collecting, processing and interpretation of scientific and technical information (according to specialization) for the preparation of design and analytical solutions, expert opinions and recommendations and others.
– Ability to find optimal solutions for the creation of railway products (according to specialization) taking into account the requirements of quality, reliability, energy efficiency, safety, cost and timing.
– Ability to carry out partial or complete management of complex engineering activities in the field of railway transport.
– Ability to select the necessary research methods and tools, to develop and analyze physical, mathematical and computer models of research objects related to the creation, operation and repair of railway transport facilities.
Positions according to the National Classification of Occupations DK 003: 2010 of Ukraine: 2144.2 – engineers in the field of computer network technologies: telecommunication engineer, engineer for high-voltage testing and measurement of power equipment, engineer for the organization of telecommunication production processes, repair and maintenance engineer automation and measuring instruments of a nuclear power plant, engineer of radio and television equipment, engineer of linear telecommunication facilities and subscriber devices, cellular network engineer, electronics engineer, electronics engineer of non-traditional and renewable energy production systems, design engineer (electronics ); 2149.2 – engineers (other branches of engineering); 2320.2 – teachers of secondary schools.
Places of employment: Enterprises of transport infrastructure of Ukraine (Ukrzaliznytsia, Metropolitan). Ukrtelecom. Internet providers. Cellular operators. Information and computing centers.
The Department of Transport Communications works closely with leading companies in the fields of telecommunications and automation (JV “Monis”, LLC “SPE” Staleness “, LLC” Watson Telecom “, PJSC” Kyivstar “, PJSC” Pivdenkabel Plant “and others ), structural subdivisions of railway transport and subways, higher educational institutions, the activity of which corresponds to this educational program.
In carrying out educational activities, a unique educational and training complex created at the department is used, which unites Israel, Watson Telecom, Raise.com, Dynamic, D-Link, TP-Link, Ericsson, Staleness and other manufacturers into a single network of equipment, as well as jobs of employees of telecommunication enterprises, structural subdivisions of railway transport and automation companies of enterprises, organizations and industries.
On the basis of the graduating department there is a specialized academic council D 64.820.01 for the defense of dissertations in the specialty “Telecommunications and Radio Engineering”.