Energy and Environmental Control and Auditing in Railway Transport
Goals of the Educational Programme
The goal of the programme is to develop the professional competencies necessary for innovative science and research technology and production activities for the development and introduction of modern technologies for environmental protection while ensuring efficient energy consumption in railway transport. Development of knowledge, skills and abilities for success in the labour market and social sphere.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The programme is aimed at those who are planning to receive a broad-based, substantive engineering training, which includes the heating, electrical, economic and information and communication disciplines and is capable of technical, Economic, organizational and legal issues in the implementation of projects to improve environmental safety and energy efficiency.
The programme will be of interest to those wishing to acquire knowledge in the field of production and efficient use of energy resources, while complying with the requirements of environmental protection legislation.
The programme provides such knowledge, skills, application and judgement:
- basic concepts of thermal process mechanisms, modern methods of calculation and optimization of heat processes, means of automation and systems of automated production control are studied, basic design of thermal power equipment;
- develop skills to determine the energy characteristics of equipment and processes;
- knowledge of methods and tools for environmental monitoring is being developed;
- develop skills to use vocational knowledge and skills to protect and preserve the environment;
- the ability to assess the environmental risks of production to the environment is being developed.
- the capacity to calculate energy losses is developed;
- knowledge of the principles of operation and use of measuring instruments required for energy and environmental auditing is developed;
- the ability to compile and analyse energy balances is being developed;
- knowledge of the organizational and technological conditions for the use of non-traditional and renewable sources of energy and secondary energy resources is being developed.
The board profile of the specialty makes it possible to prove itself in a wide range of fields of professional activity: the energy auditor of the auditing company; the developer and executor of energy saving and energy efficiency projects; An ecologist on the railways and enterprises in all branches of industry where there are potential threats to the environment and the biosphere as a whole; an engineer of the energy and environmental management service of the railway; an energy manager of utilities; Energy Manager in State and municipal government; Research Assistant in Research Engineering.
After graduation, graduates have the opportunity for rapid career growth, becoming an important part of the global sustainable development process. In a powerful and complex energy industry, there is always a need for experts to help reduce global energy consumption, increase resource efficiency and slow climate change.