Finance, Banking and Insurance
Goals of the Educational Programme
Training of specialists able to solve complex specialized problems and applied problems, which are characterized by complexity and a certain uncertainty of conditions, in professional activities in the field of finance, banking and insurance and in the learning process
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the field of finance, the best practical experience in accounting and taxation, depository activities, corporate governance, the activities of control and audit services, financial, banking, budgetary institutions, studying the latest trends and promising directions for the development of international financial market and financial services market and are constantly in the process of adapting to global business requirements.
Training under the program gives such a volume of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
- knowledge of unique analytical technologies is being formed that quickly and efficiently solves the main tasks of financial institutions (including banking, insurance) and other business entities – risk management and liquidity management, customer relationship management, assessing the solvency and profitability of borrowers, increasing loyalty and retention of prospective customers, as well as minimization of the bank’s costs based on analysis of the distribution of costs and the appropriateness of reducing certain cost items
- system management approaches are being studied, movements of international securities, financial investments: development and stabilization of the structure of sources of financial resources, interbank loans, eurocredits, placement of foreign debt obligations of a bank or company, structuring the portfolio of active operations in accordance with the existing structure of obligations “obligations, assessing the creditworthiness of borrowers based on the use of generally accepted international practices;
- the necessary knowledge is provided on how to evaluate a business, ensure its financial and economic security, protect enterprises from raiding and hostile takeovers, and develop relations with investors; study methods for managing corporate, market, investment and banking risks;
- innovative strategies of the company’s development are studied, including through the introduction of new types of banking services;
- the necessary knowledge on the latest technologies of management of information flows of banking and other financial structures in the conditions of implementation of the international operations, etc. is provided;
- approaches to managing the resource potential of enterprises, banks and other financial institutions are studied
Bachelor’s graduates can work in the following positions : financial economist, economist, analyst, auditor; financial and economic security analyst ; custodial professional, corporate governance professional, securities trading professional, asset management professional; civil servant in the bodies of the tax, control and audit service, state treasury ; specialist of tax and control and audit services, financial, banking, budgetary institutions. Chief State Inspector at the Pension Fund, banking institutions, insurance companies; assistant, teacher of a higher educational institution; teacher of a secondary educational institution; research scientist.
- new certified courses have been introduced into the educational program (including with the involvement of financial practitioners in teaching)
- conducting lectures, meetings, round tables and master classes on a regular basis with leading financial experts, practitioners, directors of financial institutions;
- students’ participation in the annual All-Ukrainian festival of innovations, the All-Ukrainian competition “Financial literacy”, the competition of startup projects;
- the activities of the student research group “Financial Analyst”;
- participation of students in specialized events of educational and research nature: professional olympiads, congresses, forums, conferences of all-Ukrainian and international scale;
- Students undergo practical training and internships in the financial departments and services of leading enterprises in various fields and sectors of the economy, banking institutions, insurance companies, financial market organizations, and government institutions.