Metrology and information and measurement technology
Goals of the Educational Programme
The purpose of the training program is to train specialists capable of complex solutions to complex problems of development and use of measuring equipment, the use of information technologies for processing measurement results and automation of metrological activities in the performance of organizational and technical work, applied research in the field of Metrology and metrological activities.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program will be interesting for those who plan to link their future with the organization of verification, repair and calibration of measuring instruments, development of metrological documentation, monitoring of compliance of methods and measuring instruments with legal requirements, and conducting metrological examinations.
If you want to realize your professional potential and build a successful career-you need a specialty “Metrology and information and measurement technology”.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
- basic knowledge of the humanitarian and economic areas that contribute to the formation of personality, the ability to effectively communicate and are used in professional and social activities;
- fundamental theoretical knowledge in mathematics, physics, and computer science that is used in professional activities;
- the ability to find a reasonable solution in the preparation of structural, functional and circuit diagrams of means of information and measuring equipment;
- knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts of Metrology, measurement theory, mathematical and computer modeling, modern methods of processing and evaluating the accuracy of measurement experiments;
- ability to choose, based on a technical task, a standardized method for evaluating and measuring the characteristic properties of products and parameters of technological processes;
- ability to use the principles and methods of reproduction of reference values in the construction of reference measuring equipment (standard samples, standard converters, standard measuring instruments.
- ability to use information technology in the development of software for processing measurement information.
- ability to organize and conduct measurements, technical control and tests.
- ability to establish a rational nomenclature of metrological characteristics of measuring instruments to obtain measurement results with a given accuracy.
- knowledge of Metrology standards, measuring equipment and metrological product quality assurance.
- knowledge and understanding of modern theoretical and experimental research methods with an assessment of the accuracy of the results obtained.
- knowledge and ability to apply modern information technologies to solve problems in the field of Metrology and information and measurement technology.
- ability to organize the procedure of measurement, calibration, and testing when working in a group or separately.
- knowledge and understanding of the subject area, its history and place in the sustainable development of technology, in the General system of knowledge about nature and society.
- ability to take into account social, environmental, ethical, economic aspects, requirements of labor protection, industrial sanitation and fire safety in the formation of technical solutions.
- ability to use various types and forms of motor activity for active recreation and healthy lifestyle.
- умение the ability to use the fundamental concepts and categories of the state in production and social activities to justify their own worldview and political beliefs, taking into account the socio-political history of Ukraine, legal foundations and ethical standards.
- be fluent in the terminology base of the specialty, understand the scientific and technical documentation of the state metrological system of Ukraine, international and interstate recommendations and instructions on the specialty.