Organization of International Traffic
Goals of the Educational Programme
The gloal of the program is to acquire knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of international transportation, in particular to get acquainted with the rules of international agreements on transportation, to learn the specifics of mixed transportation with different modes of transport.
Students must master the method of formation of transport tariffs in international transport, features of state transport policy, the possibility of organizing multimodal terminals, their classification and location on the transport network. Get acquainted with the organizations and agreements regulating international freight and passenger transportation, consider the rules and terms of INCOTERMS.
Get acquainted with the principles of concluding contracts for freight forwarding services, determine the participants of transportation, types of logistics providers and methods of reloading and warehousing.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the organization of transportation of goods and passengers in international traffic by various modes of transport in accordance with applicable law.
This program will be similar to those who are interested in gaining skills in concluding contracts for transport services by different modes of transport, gaining knowledge in accordance with the transfer of ownership between the participants in the transport. Applicants will be able to find out which carriers are involved in the process and how they interact with each other and with cargo owners.
The program is interesting for those who associate their future with work in large transport companies, logistics centers or in organizations dealing with a significant amount of international traffic.
Education according to programme gives such a volume of knowledge, skills and competence, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
- the main types of international transport are studied, including intermodal and multimodal transport, including various types of transport;
- the concepts of transport services, its material carriers and state regulation of the tariff policy are studied;
- the principles of formation of transport tariffs, their types, the concept of tariff rates, schemes and belts are studied;
- studying international organizations and agreements governing international passenger and freight traffic;
- the collection of international terms Incoterms is considered, the delivery bases and principles of free are analyzed;
- Considers the concept of outsourcing, its types and principles of organization;
- skills are being formed for concluding contracts for a feasibility study;
- the classification of freight forwarders and logistics providers is being studied;
- the principles of organization of multimodal terminals and their classification are being studied;
- The principles of organizing logistics transport systems and their interoperability are being studied.
Upon completion of training, graduates of the specialization “Organization of international traffic” can work in the field of:
- management of the transportation process in international traffic (leading specialist in transportation management)
- main and industrial railway transport (in the structures of the commercial department of Ukrzaliznytsia OJSC (supply, access roads, contractual work, marketing departments, etc.) and structures of inter-branch enterprises of industrial railway transport);
- state customs clearance;
- procurement logistics in organizations dealing with international transportation (procurement logistics manager, logistics manager, etc.);
- freight forwarding activities (managers and specialists of forwarding, stevedoring, tally and consulting firms)
- management of logistics centers and terminals (heads of departments at various levels).
Just in Ukraine, there are more than 300 large and more than 1,500 medium-sized logistics and forwarding companies that need specialists in this field. Today, more than 50% of the volume of rail transport falls on international traffic. This leads to an increase in demand for specialists in the organization of international transport. Graduates of the educational program realize themselves not only in the field of the transport complex, but also in business structures engaged in the production of material goods and executive management structures at various levels.