Organization of Traffic and Transport Management
Guarantor of the Educational Program
Guarantor of the educational program – prof. Doctor of Technical Sciences Lavrukhin Oleksandr Valeriyovych
Goals of Educational Programme
The purpose of the training is to train specialists capable of comprehensively solving complex specialized tasks in the field of transportation organization and transport management. Future masters acquire fundamental knowledge in all aspects of the transportation process to solve practical problems in the field of transport, in the organization of transportation of goods and passengers at all levels of government.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the organization of freight and passenger transportation by rail, as well as other modes of transport in accordance with applicable law. The program will interest those wishing to gain knowledge in the field of transport system management, automation of management decision-making processes in the transportation of goods and passengers with the help of modern information technology, organization of transportation of dangerous goods.
The program is interesting for those who associate their future with work in large transport companies, logistics centers or organizations.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme
– knowledge and ability to organize work in the field of transportation of dangerous goods and safety at performance of all types of operations are formed;
– the basic methods of scientific researches are studied;
– the ability to organize services of transport and forwarding activities is formed;
– knowledge is formed on the development and sequence of projects related to the construction of railway infrastructure;
– methods of calculations of an estimation of economic expediency of investments in innovative projects, modern methods of management of innovative industrial business technologies are studied;
– the ability to find solutions for optimization and rationalization of routes of material and information flows is formed;
– formed the ability to organize professional activities in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations on non-funeral transportation, consideration of claims, dispute resolution, proper paperwork for material and economic and legal liability of transportation participants;
– modern information technologies in the management of transport facilities are studied;
– technologies of management of work of transport system are studied.
After graduation, graduates of the educational program “Organization of Traffic and Transport Management” can work in administrative and managerial activities in senior positions in the field of transport technology.
– Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
– Institutions of higher and specialized secondary education;
– Research and development organizations;
– Science laboratories;
– The Ministry of Infrastructire;
– Ukrainian Transport Infrastructure Enterprises (JSC «Ukrzaliznitsia», Freight Forwarding Companies, Agency Companies, Brokerage Companies and others), in such positions:
Skip tracers of cargo and baggage;
Head of the Office
The Chief of Movement Control ( transport, warehouse);
Chief Engineer (on transport );
Chief Specialist (railway transport);
Director (manager) of a small enterprise (transport, storage)
Director (head, other manager);
Director of the Departament;
Maneger of international transport;
Car fleet controller;
Shunting station controller;
Controller of traffic office;
Head of bureau (ticket office, cargo and luggage search, etc.);
Head of container site;
Freight Forwarding Manager;
Head of department (transport);
Head of service (transport);
Head of technical department;
Head of station;
Head of warehouse (cargo).
Head of the sorting slide;
The station manager;
Head of the underground station;
Traffic Controller of the Railway Transport Directorate;
Auditor-Instructor for the Control of Passenger Trains;
Traffic Safety Auditor;
Officer-in-charge of the railway department, etc.
There are a large number of medium and large transport, logistics and freight forwarding companies in Ukraine that need specialists in this field. In addition, Ukraine has a favourable geographical position and facilitates a large number of transit traffic. This programme makes it possible to realize itself not only in the sphere of the transport complex, but also in business structures engaged in the production of material goods and in the structures of the executive power at various levels.