Goals of the Educational Programme
The purpose of the program is to train professional managers for management, analytical and consulting activities in the sphere of public administration, as well as to develop the capacity of the state and the private sector.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The educational program will be of interest to applicants for master’s degree, and aims to prepare the one for acquiring deep theoretical and practical knowledge, skills, abilities in the 074 “Public Administration” specialty, general principles of professional methodology, other competencies sufficient to effectively perform innovative tasks in accordance with the level of professional activity.
Students receive fundamental knowledge in the sphere of management, economics and public administration, which allows them to perform successfully both in public administration at various levels and in private sector organizations right after graduation.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
The graduates will be able to:
• apply mechanisms to regulate the development of various spheres and sectors of national economic systems in the context of market globalization; take into account micro- and macroeconomic conditions when making management decisions;
• use tools and methods of public management of economic processes and financial flows, identify and assess risks in the economic sphere, develop measures to minimize their negative impact on macroeconomic stability; to form monitoring systems of the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of relevant management decisions;
• justify budget needs in the formation of public policy in the public sphere; to use forms and methods of assessing the priorities of state policy in the budget process;
• use information and communication technologies, to form decisions and positions of either public administration body or own conclusions and decisions, their explanations, as well as knowledge and explanations that substantiate them;
• use basic forecasting methods to form hypotheses and assumptions about future trends in the globalized world, to have a critical understanding of the problematic issues of the globalized world and public management of processes and relations in the sphere of international security; to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the tasks of the European integration policy, the implementation of the provisions of the Association Agreement in particular;
• identify the motives and interests of the subjects of international relations and argue for the position of Ukraine; prepare substantiated proposals for the management decisions projects aimed at an appropriate reaction to threats for national interests, in particular, when developing suggestions for threat passports and the National Security Strategy.
Graduates with the master’s level, who have obtained a master’s degree in “Public Administration”, can work as managers or leading specialists of the municipal institutions; control inspectors over the orders execution in the municipal institutions as well; personnel inspectors in government agencies; leading specialists in the organization of the municipal institution, leading specialists in the organization of public relations or the organization of information support; organizers of office work (government agencies).
They will also be able to occupy the positions of assistant in the scientific sphere, be a universtiry teacher, researcher (which presupposes having a master’s degree) and to conduct pedagogical and research activities.
The advantage of this educational program is a wide range of disciplines focused on the development of analytical skills (economic and legal nature – such as law in public administration, public policy, European integration, international public administration and security, economics and governance), as well as a block of disciplines that form knowledge in the sphere of modern tools of public management (strategic management, public service).
Public administration is a prestigious job, the way to fortify one’s position, income stability.