Railway Structures and Track Facilities
Goals of Educational Programme
The acquisition of in-depth knowledge, skills, which are based on fundamental theories, concepts, ideas, principles, combined into a single worldview system, in the field of investigation, design, construction, operation , reconstruction, recycling, facility maintenance and main railway transport systems, including for high-speed railway lines.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants who are interested in the ability to analyze and solve complex engineering problems and problems, to carry out research and/or innovation activities, to critically comprehend existing problems and to offer new technical solutions and to apply new technologies in the field of main railway transport.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme
• ability to apply a systematic approach to solving engineering problems in the design, operation, repair, modernization and disposal of facilities (systems) of railway transport;
• ability to take into account social, environmental, ethical, economic and commercial considerations that affect the implementation of technical solutions in railway transport;
• ability to competently perform analysis and synthesis during the design, operation, repair and maintenance of facilities (systems) of railway transport and their components;
• ability to solve tasks, demonstrating an understanding of the need to comply with high-level professional and ethical standards, as well as the legal framework related to the functioning of railway transport facilities in Ukraine, including staff, health, safety and risk (including environmental) risk);
• ability to analyze and improve technological processes in railway transport for operation, repair, modernization and disposal of objects (systems) of railway transport;
• ability to make effective decisions on the choice of materials, equipment and measures for the implementation of the latest technologies in the field of design, operation, repair, modernization and disposal of facilities (systems) of railway transport;
• ability to use the laws and principles of engineering, high-level mathematical apparatus for design, construction, production, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of objects, phenomena and processes in the design, operation, repair, modernization and disposal of objects (systems ) railway transport;
A graduate who has obtained a master’s degree in research in the specialty 273 «Railway Transport» may carry out its professional activities at regional branches JSC «Ukrzaliznytsia», as well as in other enterprises, organizations, institutions subordinated to the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, enterprises, organizations, institutions of various forms of ownership, which are related to design and engineering, production and technological activities in the field of exploration, design, construction, operation, reconstruction, disposal, maintenance of facilities and systems of main railway transport. Can hold office: chief of regional branches, chief of the Service (transport), Chief Engineer (Transport), Chief of General Directorate, Chief Specialist, Chief Traffic Safety Inspector, Chief of Engineering Design Division, The Distance Master, and others.
Upon successful completion of their studies, graduates have the opportunity to study at the third level of higher education, as well as to acquire additional qualifications in post-graduate education.