Telecommunications and Radio Engineering
Goals of the Educational Programme
Provide applicants with higher competencies for solving professional tasks in the field of telecommunications and radio engineering, which are related to the design, construction, control functions, monitoring of telecommunications and radio engineering systems, including railway transport. Ukrzaliznytsia’s information and communication network is constantly being improved and updated, which determines the urgent need to train highly qualified specialists with higher education in the field of telecommunications and radio engineering on the railways of Ukraine.
The uniqueness of the educational program lies in the focus on the features of information and technical support for the management of the transportation process and the movement of trains on the railways of Ukraine. During their studies, higher education students study the principles of construction and operation of telecommunications and radio systems, based on modern telecommunications technologies, standards and protocols for various purposes (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, WiMAX, LTE, Ethernet, IP, xDSL, WDM, SDH, PDH, Ethernet, IP, GSM-R, TETRA, LTE etc.), modern technical means of telecommunications installed at the Department of Transport, allow during the educational process practical classes to the real working conditions of telecommunication networks of railway transport.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The educational program is addressed to entrants who are interested in higher education in the field of telecommunications and radio engineering. Graduates of the educational program receive competencies that allow to ensure the design, organization and operation of the entire complex of disparate telecommunications equipment.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme:
Training under the program provides higher education students with knowledge about modern scientific achievements in the field of telecommunications and radio engineering, the peculiarities of the use of telecommunications of railway transport.
Main studuing outcomes:
- knowledge of theories and methods of basic and general engineering sciences to the extent necessary to solve specialized problems;
- ability to apply knowledge in the field of informatics and modern information technologies to solve specialized problems and practical problems in the field of railway telecommunications;
- ability to perform calculations of elements of telecommunication systems, infocommunication and telecommunication networks, radio engineering systems in accordance with industry and international standards.
- ability to design, including circuit elements (modules, blocks, units) of telecommunication and radio systems;
- Ability to participate in the design of new (modernization of existing) telecommunications and radio systems, including railway transport;
- Ability to apply modern achievements in the field of professional activity in order to build promising telecommunications and radio systems, including railway transport;
- Ability to administer telecommunications systems, infocommunications and telecommunications networks, including railway transport;
- Ability to conduct tests of telecommunication systems, infocommunication and telecommunication networks, radio engineering systems, including special technological communication networks on railway transport;
- Ability to diagnose the state of equipment (modules, blocks, units) of telecommunication and radio systems;
- Ability to use systems for modeling and automation of circuit design for the development of elements, components, units of radio and telecommunications systems;
- Ability to choose methods and tools for measuring parameters and performance of telecommunications and radio systems, including railway transport.
- Skills of team managerial and organizational work;
- Ability to initiate ideas and proposals to improve the efficiency of management, production, training and other activities.
The university has close cooperation and coordination with the main employer, a state-owned enterprise JSC “Ukrainian Railways”. Ukrzaliznytsia has the largest branch departmental telecommunications network in Ukraine. These are more than 20 thousand fiber-optic and cable communication lines, 20 thousand kilometers of mobile technological radio networks, a significant capacity of digital switching stations of technological communication. This network is comprehensive, focused on providing a highly reliable system of train traffic control and management of the transportation process. Our educational program is focused on meeting the needs of telecommunications in the control systems of the transport process and train traffic on railway transport, which distinguishes it from other telecommunications programs and is a competitive advantage of graduates. Close cooperation with JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” allows to solve problems of employment, organization of industrial practice, promotes the introduction of dual education.
Graduates can hold positions in the divisions of transport infrastructure enterprises of Ukraine (JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”, subway), operators and providers of telecommunications, Internet services, information and computer centers, service centers and technical support centers for telecommunications equipment, as well as in research and development organizations engaged in the development, research and design of telecommunications systems and networks, or in educational institutions that conduct educational activities in this or related to the educational program specialties.
In carrying out educational activities, a unique educational and training complex created at the department is used, which combines equipment into a single network: Iskratel, Watson Telecom, Raisecom, D-Link, TP-Link, Ericsson, «Стальенерго», as well as terminal equipment of control centers. On the basis of the Department of Transport Communication there is a specialized academic council D 64.820.01 for the defense of dissertations in the speciality ” Telecommunications”.