Translation and English language and literature
Goals of the Educational Programme
The goal of the program is in-depth training of translators, providing knowledge of linguistics and basics of translation, formation of linguistic knowledge of languages, acquaintance with intercultural aspects of translation, acquaintance with the current level of linguistics, formation and development of professional, special and cultural competencies. necessary for the implementation of professional activities in the field of translation support of production and practical activities, mediation in intercultural communication.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants who are interested in gaining knowledge in the field of translation from / into English and teaching English language and literature in secondary schools. The program may be of interest to those who also plan to engage in publishing, radio and television broadcasting, translation services, administrative and support services, educational and methodological work, translation of scientific and technical literature, etc.
Training in the program provides the following amount of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
- basic knowledge in the field of humanities and socio-economic disciplines that contribute to the development of general culture and socialization of creative personality, the formation of general humanistic and ethical values of research, understanding the development of language processes, their relationship with society, the ability to use these knowledge in professional activity;
- fundamental knowledge in the field of professionally-oriented humanities to the extent necessary for the implementation of professional research and teaching activities;
- deepening knowledge in the field of linguistics, translation studies and literary studies of English and German languages;
- professional scientific and business communication in Ukrainian, English and German, professional research and teaching skills;
- knowledge in the field of modern information technologies to the extent necessary for professional activities, professional work with computers, software, foreign literature, dictionaries, etc .;
- skills of acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of professional scientific information, professional scientific and information activities
Due to the high level of theoretical training and practical skills that allow them to realize their abilities as a teacher in the domestic and international markets, graduates of the department will be able to work as translators in economics, politics, education, culture, in the continuous sphere, in transport companies and departments. territorial and municipal transport departments, logistics centers, etc., which carry out foreign economic activity.
Students and graduates of the specialty “Philology” will have the opportunity to engage in the following activities at the university within the scientific and technical translation:
- implementation of international educational programs and TEMPUS projects;;
- rganization of training of students and graduate students together with foreign universities under the program signed between Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport and Le CNAM;
- fulfillment of responsibilities for membership in the international scientific and educational organization TESOL;;
- cooperation within the international network of universities;
- translation support and editing of foreign publications of scientists in journals with a high citation index:Journal of Automation and Information Sciences, International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, Ukrainian Journal of Physics, Telecommunications and Radio Engineering (English translation of Elektrosvyaz and Radiotekhnika) and others
- accompaniment and translation during lectures by foreign professors, seminars, conferences, forums and symposiums;
- dissemination of information about Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport and the achievements of the university in science and technology in the international scientific market;
- translation, editing and localization of materials for the Internet portal of the university;
- creation of textbooks, manuals and other educational materials in foreign languages for teaching foreign students;;
- development of cooperation of Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport with international higher educational, research, private organizations, institutions, establishments, foundations, other legal entities and individuals.