Transport Service and Logistics
Goals of the Educational Programme
Gloal of the education according to programme is to to obtain knowledge and skills in the field of transport services, namely transport law and logistics, freight forwarding, stevedoring, tally and warehouse operations on various modes of transport.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The program is addressed to applicants interested in gaining knowledge in the field of transport service, organizing the transportation of goods and passengers in domestic and international traffic by various means of transport in accordance with applicable law.
The program will be interesting for those who plan to connect their future with the ability to formulate the urgent tasks of the service in transport, plan their actions to apply the capabilities of the service and business, prioritize taking into account the technical, technological and legal aspects of introducing advanced elements of the logistics service in various sectors of the economy, effectively manage personnel, solve technical, legal and managerial tasks taking into account regional characteristics.
Education according to programme gives such a volume of knowledge, skills and competence, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
- communication, analysis of the transport service market (freight forwarding services, stevedoring, tally and warehousing activities, etc.);
- the methods and means of a comprehensive analysis of the transport market, its conjuncture are studied; requirements for the logistics system;
- management functions are studied in the organization of transportation, work and services in the transport complex, as well as information support for transportation participants;
- the organization of the technological process of cargo delivery by various means of transport, the paperwork of cargo delivery, customs clearance of transportation, the technology of protection and escort of goods are being studied;
- knowledge of the rules of transportation by various modes of transport, the peculiarities of their use in domestic and international communications and knowledge of the characteristics of the act-claim work in the field of transportation are being formed;
- the formation of the ability to apply the acquired knowledge from general technical and engineering disciplines, mastering the methods of development, formation and promotion of innovative goods and services in all sectors of the economy;
- the formation of the skill of planning a carrier’s strategy, developing a case-solution for overcoming obstacles in the transportation of goods, specifics of transportation under sanctions and developing alternative transportation options;
- the formation of a skill in using methods of choosing means of servicing the population in transportation and information support for services in the transport sector.
Work in the field of logistics and transport law and other areas of material production.
After graduates of the specialization “Transport Service and Logistics” bachelor can work in the field of:
- legal and regulatory relations with the activities of transport (act-pretentious departments, consulting services, contract departments, commercial agents, etc.);
- procurement logistics (procurement logistics manager, inventory and logistics manager, etc.);
- freight forwarding activities (managers and specialists of forwarding, stevedoring, tally and consulting firms)
- Logistics and transport services (manager-logistic of the service center and Call centers);
main and industrial railway transport (in the structures of the commercial department of JSC “Ukrzaliznytsya” (department of act-claim work, access roads, contract work, marketing departments, etc.) and structures of inter-branch enterprises of industrial railway transport);
- logistic services (manager-logistician for working with clients, logistician for managing business processes, logistic declarant for customs clearance of goods).
Just in Ukraine there are more than 300 large and more than 1,500 medium-sized logistics and forwarding companies that need specialists in this field. This specialization makes it possible to realize ourselves not only in the field of the transport complex, but also in business structures involved in the production of material goods and executive management structures at various levels. Specialists in the field of logistics and transport law are among the highest paid specialists in Ukraine, as well as in Europe, Southeast Asia and North America.