On October 15-16, 2020, Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport hosted VIII International Scientific and Practical Conference “Human, Society, Communication Technologies”, dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the university. The purpose of the conference was to intensify cooperation between representatives of Ukrainian scientific community and other countries in various fields, in particular philosophy, psychology, pedagogy, political science, linguistics, economics, technology.
The conference was attended by 100 researchers, graduate students, undergraduates from various institutions of higher education in Ukraine, as well as the United States, Germany, Norway, Slovakia, Belarus, Georgia and more. Within the framework of the conference there were three sections: I. Philosophical and Humanitarian sciences; ІІ. Economic sciences; III. Technical sciences.
Due to the situation with the spread of coronavirus, this year the organizers decided to hold the conference in a dual format: plenary session (15.10.2020) – both online and offline, section meetings (16.10.2020) – exclusively online. Such an organization allowed scientists from other cities and countries to fully participate and discuss the results of scientific research.
The plenary session took place on October 15, 2020 in the main building of the university in the auditorium 1.417. It was attended by deans of all faculties of the university: Associate Professor Skoryk O.O. (Construction faculty); Associate Professor Prohonnyi O.M. (ICST faculty); Professor Ustenko O.V. (Mechanical and Energy faculty); Associate Professor Kutsenko M.Yu. (TPM faculty); Professor Kalabukhin Y.E. (Economic faculty). Vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work, Associate Professor Mkrtichyan D.I. solemnly opening the conference, greeted the participants. In his speech, he underlined that conference of such level is a great opportunity for scientists from different countries to exchange new ideas, developments, achievements and discoveries. He expressed special gratitude to the organizers and participants of the conference for the opportunity to communicate with colleagues from different countries and enrich themselves with new knowledge. Due to special format of the conference, the plenary session had an expanded format. In particular, among the speakers were:
1) Zahriichuk I.D., Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of Philosophy and Sociology Department of UkrSURT, topic of the report “Incompleteness of communicative process as a guarantee of social harmony”;
2) Abashnik V.O., Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University, topic of the report “Edmund Husserl in the philosophy of Isidore Prodan (1854-1919/20)”;
3) Blyzniuk L.M., PhD in Philology, Associate Professor, Head of History and Linguistics Department of UkrSURT – “The phenomenon of speech communication in the context of digitalization of modern society”;
- Pankov D., Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of Kharkiv State Academy of Culture – “Self-study as a process of constructing an ideal identity in Christian discourse”;
- Rassokha I.M., Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv – “Acceleration of history 12/4, “anthropic principle “and the possibility of the near “end of history “”;
- Shapoval V.M., Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs – “Historical stages and essence of communication technologies”.
The results of theoretical scientific and practical research aroused great interest of conference participants, encouraged to animated discussions and debates.
Section meetings were held on October 16, 2020 in online format.
Philosophy and Sociology Department is grateful to all the scientists who responded to the idea of holding the conference at these hard times, supported it with the submitted materials, took part in the conference.
Special thanks to the management of Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport (to Rector of UkrSURT, Professor Panchenko S.V.; to Vice-Rector for Research, Professor Vatula H.L., Vice-Rector on scientific and pedagogical work, Associate Professor Mkrtichyan D.I., Vice-Rector on scientific and pedagogical work, Associate Professor Kahramanyan A.O., to deans of faculties) for willingness to cooperate and support.