International Education Office (IEO) was established in order to effectively attract foreign citizens as students, improve the quality of their training for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, improve the educational process, maintaining regulatory and educational documentation.
The main activities of the IEO are:
– carrying out market research of foreign markets of educational services in order to develop a system of training for foreign countries;
– assistance in concluding agreements on the recruitment of foreign citizens for studying at UkrSURT between recruitment companies and the University;
– carrying out career guidance work with foreign entrants with the help of electronic resources, as well as organizing explanatory seminars for potential entrants in their countries of residence;
– processing, registration and issuance of invitations for studying and cooperation with the Ukrainian State Center for International Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to provide support to foreign citizens entering Ukraine to study at UkrSURT, as well as their stay in Ukraine during their studies;
– consultative and informative work on registration of entry documents, cooperation with the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine in matters of crossing the state border by foreign applicants;
– organization of meetings at the airport, accommodation in UkrSURT dormitories and registration of documents for admission to the University;
– carrying out a preliminary analysis of documents for further consideration by the selection committee for foreign citizens;
– coordination of activities with the State Migration Service of Ukraine in matters of registration of temporary residence in Ukraine, extension of stay in Ukraine and registration of residence, with the district divisions of the Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in case of
emergence of conflicts related to the study and residence of foreign citizens
– making contacts with embassies and consulates of Ukraine abroad;
– cooperation with structural subdivisions of the University that are involved in the process of providing educational services to foreign citizens;
– formation of a contingent of foreign students in the main educational fields and monitoring compliance with the rules of financial and academic discipline by foreign students;
– organization of legalization and apostille of state-standard graduation documents in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and legalization in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, registration of personal files of foreign students;
– formation of a single democratic international student environment;
- making foreign students aware of Ukrainian culture and customs, assistance in organizing and conducting educational, cultural and sports events with the participation of foreign students;
- maintaining contacts with foreign alumni of different years;
- participation in working out the advertising products in order to attract foreign citizens to study at UkrSURT.
Factors that contribute to the choice of an educational institution by foreign citizens are mostly the high quality of education and the prestige of the diploma. In terms of the number of foreign students, the University consistently occupies one of the leading positions among educational institutions in Kharkiv city. University alumni who now live and work abroad demonstrate the high level of education they received at UkrSURT.