Locomotives and Locomotive Facilities
Guarantor of the Educational Program
Guarantor of the EP “Locomotives and Locomotive Facilities” – Datsun Yuriy Mykolayovych
Goals of Educational Programme
Training of specialists able to develop and use modern technologies for the creation, maintenance and repair of modern, knowledge-based railway transport. The special feature of the educational programme is the opportunity for graduates to receive vocational education corresponding to the current level of science and technology. This is done through the use of modern educational technologies, the professionalism of the teaching staff, the balance of the programme, and the involvement of students in the scientific and research directions of the department. The uniqueness of the educational programme is ensured by the close rational integration of the components of general, professional, practical and research training.
Recipients of the Educational Programme
The programme is addressed to applicants who already have a bachelor’s degree and a desire to acquire knowledge in the theory of maintenance, operation and disposal of railway transport facilities in the field of locomotives and locomotive facilities. The programme will be of interest to those who plan to link their future to practical, scientific and innovative activities in the field of locomotives and locomotive facilities. The uniqueness of the educational programme is ensured by the close rational integration of the components of general, professional, practical and research training.
Professional Competences of the Educational Programme
– The ability to work in a group on large projects, including social skills in business communication and management of railway transport;
– The ability to take a systematic approach to solving engineering problems in the field of locomotives of railway transport;
– The ability to take account of the needs of users and customers and the importance of issues such as aesthetics in the design of locomotives and locomotive facilities in railway transport;
– The ability to take into account social, environmental, ethical, economic and commercial considerations affecting the implementation of technical solutions in railway transport;
– The ability to solve scientific and industrial problems in railway transport by demonstrating an understanding of the broader interdisciplinary engineering context;
– The ability to perform tasks using social skills of business communication and management, demonstrating awareness of the need to comply with high-level professional and ethical standards, as well as the legal framework, relevant to the operation of the locomotives and locomotive facilities economy of the Ukrainian railway transport, in particular the issues of stuff, health, “self, safety and risk (including environmental risk);
– The ability to investigate, analyse and improve technological processes in the field of locomotives and locomotive facilities of railway transport;
– The ability to take effective decisions on materials, equipment and measures to implement the latest technologies in the field of locomotives and locomotive facilities of railway transport;
– The ability to perform analyses and syntheses in the design, operation, repair and maintenance of railway locomotives and locomotive facilities and their components;
– The ability to choose and apply research methods, to plan and carry out the necessary experiments; to interpret the results and draw conclusions on the optimality of production decisions; Operation and repair of locomotives and locomotive facilities in railway transport;
– Ability to use laws and principles of engineering in the field of locomotives and locomotive facilities, high-level mathematical apparatus for designing, construction, manufacturing, mounting, operation, maintenance and disposal of facilities, developments and processes in railway transport.
The labour market now needs competent, creative and communicative professionals capable of meeting the challenges in an uncertain environment capable of self-learning in the event of changes in production conditions. Job placement of graduates of the educational program is possible in the subdivisions of JSC «Ukrzaliznytsia», its branches «Ukrainian Railway Express Company», «Research and Development Institute», scientific and project organizations.
UkrSURT is the only higher educational institution in the country, performs educational activities on the educational-scientific program «Locomotives and locomotive facilities».