Telecommunications and radio engineering
The purpose of training in the educational program
The purpose of training is to train highly qualified specialists who have extensive fundamental knowledge, the ability to adapt to changing requirements of the labor market and technology, initiative, with the ability to work in a team; have a set of theoretical and practical skills that understand the main trends in the theory and practice of electronic and telecommunications devices, systems and complexes.
Addressees of the educational program
The program is addressed to entrants who are interested in the organization of telecommunications systems and networks, the principles of their construction and operation, the study of principles, methods and means of ensuring their characteristics, properties and smooth operation.
Training in the program provides the following amount of knowledge, skills and abilities, the ability to apply knowledge and form judgments:
– The graduate is able to speak a foreign language in the amount of topics due to practical needs, the use of oral speech within the socio-political and professional topics.
– The graduate is able to use the legal framework for the protection of intellectual property rights and be able to use it in professional activities.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the essence and content, features of pedagogical morality, categories, norms, principles, functions in the process of pedagogical activity.
– The graduate is able to use methods of economic justification of engineering and business decisions, the algorithm of development, preparation, adoption, control over the implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions in practice.
– The graduate is able to use mathematical apparatus and algorithms to predict the development of science and technology.
– The graduate is able to process the data obtained, analyze and synthesize them on the basis of known literature sources, draw up research results in accordance with modern requirements.
– The graduate is able to formulate the purpose and objectives of the study, make a research plan, conduct a bibliographic search using modern information technology, use modern research methods.
– The graduate is able to use modern research methods, modify existing and develop new methods based on the objectives of a particular study.
– The graduate is able to use mathematical apparatus and algorithms in the design of radio devices, telecommunications systems and complexes.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the general principles of modeling of telecommunication systems, devices and complexes, types of models, the basic levels of detail of modeling.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of construction and operation of telecommunications networks and their mathematical models, is able to design and calculate telecommunications networks.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of research methodology, process and approaches to the processing of theoretical and practical information, the procedure for testing the basic elements of scientific novelty; able to apply knowledge of methodology and organization of scientific research in solving specific practical problems.
— The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of organization of information exchange on buses, hardware of microprocessor systems; able to use the software environment to develop algorithms for microprocessor systems.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the basic tasks of synthesis of optimal radio systems, the main methods of optimal detection and recognition of signals in radio systems; evaluate the indicators of optimal design of radio systems.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of construction and operation of electronic systems and complexes and their mathematical models, to formulate requirements for technical parameters, to calculate and build, to perform energy calculation of electronic systems and complexes.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of construction and operation of digital visualization systems and their mathematical models, to formulate requirements for technical parameters, to calculate digital visualization systems.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of construction and operation of satellite communication systems, to formulate requirements for technical parameters, to calculate and build, to perform energy calculation of satellite communication lines.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of the principles of construction and operation of digital communication systems and is able to design digital communication systems.
– The graduate is able to use knowledge of basic methods for solving problems of antenna theory, electrodynamic and radio parameters of antennas, features of the principle of operation and design of antennas. The graduate is able to choose the type and design of the antenna for a particular electronic device, to calculate and measure the basic parameters of antenna-feeder devices.
Positions according to the National Classification of Occupations DK 003: 2010 of Ukraine: 2144.2 – engineers in the field of computer network technologies: telecommunication engineer, engineer for high-voltage testing and measurement of power equipment, engineer for the organization of telecommunication production processes, repair and maintenance engineer automation and measuring instruments of a nuclear power plant, engineer of radio and television equipment, engineer of linear telecommunication facilities and subscriber devices, cellular network engineer, electronics engineer, electronics engineer of non-traditional and renewable energy production systems, design engineer (electronics ); 2149.2 – engineers (other branches of engineering); 2320.2 – teachers of secondary schools.
Places of employment:
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Educational institutions of higher and secondary profile education. Research and design institutes. Scientific laboratories. Enterprises of transport infrastructure of Ukraine (Ukrzaliznytsia, Metropolitan). Ukrtelecom. Internet providers. Cellular operators. Information and computing centers. Service centers and technical support centers for telecommunications equipment.
The Department of Transport Communications works closely with leading companies in the fields of telecommunications and automation (JV “Monis”, LLC “SPE” Stalenergo “, LLC” Watson Telecom “, PJSC” Kyivstar “, PJSC” Pivdenkabel Plant “and others ), structural subdivisions of railway transport and subways, higher educational institutions, the activity of which corresponds to this educational program.
In carrying out educational activities, a unique educational and training complex created at the department is used, which unites Iskratel, Watson Telecom, Raisecom, Dynamix, D-Link, TP-Link, Ericsson, Stalenergo and other manufacturers into a single network of equipment, as well as jobs of employees of telecommunication enterprises, structural subdivisions of railway transport and automation companies of enterprises, organizations and industries.
On the basis of the graduating department there is a specialized academic council D 64.820.01 for the defense of dissertations in the specialty “Telecommunications and Radio Engineering”.