The Department “Railway Stations and Junctions” was established in 1918 in the Kyiv Institute of National Economy. Its first head of the department was Professor M. S. Glikman. In 1927, the department as part of the Faculty of Railway Operation was transferred to the Kiev Polytechnic Institute. In the autumn of 1929, it was the major department of the newly created Kyiv Institute of Railways. In 1934, the department, together with the faculty, was transferred to the Kharkiv Institute of Railway Transport Engineers.
Field of training of the department: full-time and external (distance) training of bachelors, masters and doctors of philosophy. Education in the specialty 275.02 Transport Technologies (railway transport).
Research area of the Department: improvement of design and technological parameters of railway stations and junctions. Automation of the main marshalling operations. Improvement of the technology of interaction between railway and other types of transport during cargo transportation.
Educational programs of the Department:
first level of higher education (bachelor’s degree):
Customs control in transport (railway transport);
second level of higher education (Master’s degree):